LIMA, Ohio -- The Lawrence Technological (Mich.) University women's tennis team lost at No. 17-ranked University of Northwestern Ohio in Lima, Ohio on Saturday afternoon.
Lawrence Tech (12-10, 1-3 WHAC) fell behind 3-0 early as they were swept in doubles with Ana Hernandez Munt (JR/Barcelona, Spain) and Brittany Schmidt (SO/Richmond, Mich.) falling to Raquel Marques and Xiomara Aquilar 8-3 at No. 3 doubles followed by Carolyn McCullen (SO/Westland, Mich.) and Missy Coolsaet (SO/Grosse lle, Mich.) dropping their match at No. 2 doubles 8-4. Paige Fallu (SO/Livonia, Mich.) and Rylie Fallu (SO/Livonia, Mich.) lost 8-4 at No. 1 doubles to Valeria Popko and Kate Bondarenko 8-4.
The singles matches were just as tough for the Blue Devils as the 17th-ranked Racers went 6-0 in singles matches to win 9-0. Singles results are below.
Lawrence Tech is back in action on Monday when they host Concordia (Mich.) University – Ann Arbor at Southfield Tennis Courts. First serve is set for 3 p.m.
Follow @LTUAthletics on Twitter and Facebook | #WeAreLTU
1. Melena Lopez (NOWT) def. Carolyn McCullen (LTWT) 6-0, 6-2
2. Valeria Popko (NOWT) def. Paige Fallu (LTWT) 6-1, 6-1
3. Kate Bondarenko (NOWT) def. Rylie Fallu (LTWT) 6-1, 6-2
4. Raquel Marques (NOWT) def. Ana Hernandez Munt (LTWT) 6-1, 6-4
5. Ana Lacerda (NOWT) def. Missy Coolsaet (LTWT) 6-0, 6-0
6. Xiomara Aguilar (NOWT) def. Brittany Schmidt (LTWT) 6-1, 6-2